The program of study at PMA is based on a traditional model of education and emphasizes mastery of a subject and not just the completion of assignments. Our students are challenged to excel so they will be better prepared for the future. This philosophy is reflected in our academic standards as well as in the positive response of our students. PMA uses ABEKA Book Curriculum. Our teachers are highly qualified. There is an average of 17 years experience teaching in the classroom.
Setting a High Standard
Features of our academic program include:
- A strong emphasis in the early grades on the fundamentals of reading, writing, and mathematics.
- A grading scale that is higher than the norm.
- Regularly assigned homework early on in the elementary program.
- Credit requirements that exceed many local schools for graduation.
- All high school students are encouraged to take challenging classes, regardless of their future college plans.
Academic excellence will always be a part of PMA's goal. Whether students go on to professional careers, enter ministry, or raise children at home, the value of learning will have been deeply instilled in them during their formative years at PMA.
K - 4
K - 5
Kindergarten (K-5) Academic Program
Our Elementary Program strives to build the foundations necessary to equip our students to view the world through the truth of Scripture. It provides a safe and challenging environment in which students develop critical foundational skills for learning.
Reading: Phonics is the cornerstone of the school’s reading program so that students can master the all important functions of reading, writing, and comprehension.
Mathematics: In mathematics, students are steeped in math functions so that comprehension
becomes second nature. Teachers in junior and senior high are grateful for the math foundations
that students develop in our Elementary Program.
Social Development: Our philosophy for social development emphasizes learning respect for those in authority and love for fellow classmates.
Spiritual Development: Students are encouraged to establish a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and to develop their prayer life with Him.
- Physical Education Classes
- Art Classes
- Music Classes
- Private Instrumental Lessons
- Reading and Language
- Math –
Daily and Weekly Activities
- Prayer and Devotions
- American Flag/Christian Flag/Bible Pledges
- Weekly Chapel
Hands-on learning experiences are used to reinforce classroom lessons.
At Park Meadows Academy, we believe that the primary objective of education is the communication of truth. In order for any education to be effective and valid, it must base its curriculum and its programs on the truth of God's Word and God's world and must teach the students to view everything through the lens of Scripture.
Our Junior High and High School builds on the foundation established in our elementary program by combining spiritual growth opportunities, challenging academic work, and many enjoyable social activities.
- English- Grammar and Written communication emphasis
- Mathematics- Basic and Advance classes
- Science- Basic and Advanced classes
- History- American, Government, World History and Geography
- Bible- Daily through chapel and classes
- PE- Healthy activities and Life skills taught
- Study Skills- Teach students how to study
- Electives-Art, Choir, Typing, Speech, and Spanish
- Growing in Christ- like character
- Building a solid Academic Foundation
- Learning to serve others
- Assuming Personal Responsibility